The YWCA was separately incorporated from the YMCA in Hamilton on 16 May 1943. We have owned our property on the corner of Clarence and Pembroke Streets, Hamilton since 1954.
The YWCA of Hamilton works for individual and community change by empowering women, especially young women, to develop and exercise their individual and collective leadership through enhancing their spiritual, physical, mental and cultural well-being. We are committed to addressing all forms of oppression, so that women may together attain social and economic justice.
Read about the History of our two buildings, which gained Historic Places Category II registration on April 30, 2010. They are Bishopscourt and the Chapel/Te Whare Wahine