The YWCA Young Women’s Tertiary Education Scholarships – $2,500
The YWCA Young Women’s Tertiary Education scholarship is for New Zealand resident young women aged between 16 and 30 years as at 1 January who are participating in tertiary study in the Hamilton area.
One or two scholarships will be awarded in 2016.
The scholarship award is $2,500, payable in three instalments during the academic year.
Applications open 1 September and close 30 September. Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed thereafter. The successful award holders will be appointed by 30 November.
Potential scholarship applicants are encouraged to attend the YWCA Suffrage Day Event on Monday 19 September 2016. More details on www.facebook.com/ywcahamiltonnz or firstname.lastname@example.org. RSVP by Wednesday 14 September.
Scholarship recipients need to be:
- Have excellent time management skills
- A general “all rounder” with a wide range of skills and experiences
- Partaking in either full or part time study for the academic year.
The recipient becomes a member of the YWCA of Hamilton Board and is required to meet scholarship terms and conditions throughout her scholarship year.
She must be a good representative of the YWCA’s philosophy and relate well to young women.
Download the application form to your computer.
Fill out the form and save.
Scan a recent passport sized photo.
Email the application form and photo as attachments to email@example.com,
or post to: Hamilton YWCA, P O Box 1011, Hamilton 3240
or Hand-deliver to the YWCA.
Applications need to be in no later than 5 p.m 30 September each year
The YWCA of Hamilton’s Young Women’s Tertiary Education Scholarship is $2,500 payable in three (3) instalments during the year. The first instalment is made on the applicant’s acceptance of the Scholarship agreement. The remainder are paid 1st June and 1st December of the Scholarship year.
The Scholarship holder is expected to promote and acknowledge the YWCA of Hamilton (and any fund supporters) and the Scholarship.
She must commit to:
- Contributing to the governance and purpose of the YWCA of Hamilton. This may be in the form of, but it not limited to, participation in ten (10) monthly YWCA of Hamilton Board meetings and the Annual General Meeting (AGM) and the YWCA of Aotearoa-New Zealand’s AGM and general meeting(s).
- Attending at least two public speaking engagements, or other promotional activities as required.
The Scholarship may be withdrawn and payment of all or part of the fund may be withheld and repayment may also be requested if the commitments above are not met. (These conditions may be waived in the event of illness or other unforeseen event).